Are these tough times?
Have you¬†ever felt like your hope for success has diminished?
Have you ever wondered if it would return?¬†¬†
When HOPE is limited, it usually means you have focused on just ONE perspective and usually NOT a very resourceful one.
When times are tough, often the¬†possibilities¬†and lightness of hopefulness¬†has been diminished¬†in some way.
Hopefulness is both a mindset as well as a larger¬†state of being¬†that includes things
¬†like being courageous, optimistic, patient, and proactive.
Practicing¬†these states¬†individually¬†can help¬†move you towards greater hopefulness.
Here are 5 hip ways¬†to be¬†more hopeful in tough times:
1. Think ahead.¬†Being proactive and taking self-responsibility¬†for your future is one of the best ways to expect hopefulness.¬† When you move toward your outcomes and have ‘imagined’ the future (a learned skill), you can expect¬†greater awareness of possible blocks and resistance.¬† Then, you can¬†proactively do something about them NOW,¬†not¬†dread for them to show up.
2. Get comfortable with uncertainty.¬†¬†¬†This is more than patience. It’s about learning how to wait for “knowing,” a kind of clarity that comes from both your mind and body. It’s about learning emotional mastery and increasing your flexibility¬†to be¬†open to possibilities without the fear of being overwhelmed by your feelings. ¬†When you hone your skill to wait for clarity, you also hone your capacity for patience and hope.
3. Lean towards optimism.¬†¬†How you use your words and your stories contribute to your overall attitude.¬†¬†
Are you telling stories that are positively framed? Do you share your experience and what you learned?¬† Or, instead, do you negatively frame¬†your experience and share what didn’t work and keep a judgemental stance?
“Once you choose HOPE, ANYTHING is possible” – Christopher Reeve
4. Risk courage.¬†¬†Going outside of your current belief and comfort zone¬†and giving yourself a little challenge will help you go to bed satisfied and wake up inspired.¬† When you¬†are inspired¬†you are naturally more hopeful. ¬†This does not need¬†to be¬†huge acts of courage -¬†small acts of courage¬†can help with your hopefulness too.
5. Think Universal.¬†Use the law of attraction as a resource.¬† What do you think might be possible if you adopted a high level frame of mind that believed “Everything happens for its best possible outcome?”¬† What if you embraced a belief that¬†everything is as it¬†should be, and that the future will be as well?¬†Do you think that would influence and¬†improve¬†your perspective around hope?
Bringing in more possibilities naturally increases HOPE. ¬†When you can entertain more possibility, your openness also nurtures your feelings of¬†expectation and¬†desire, which are the hallmarks of hope.
It’s possible to leave the perspective of “tough times” behind and see it as just that, a perspective.
You no longer need to be chained to the unresourceful view that ‚Äúthese are tough times.‚ÄĚ ¬†By simply opening up to practicing states of patience,¬†pro-activity, and small incremental courage, you can choose the more resourceful viewpoint of HOPE.