25 Ways to Raise your Self-Esteem
Almost all of our Personal Leadership Development Plans for sensitive women leaders include some self-esteem raising practices.
If you haven’t thought about your self-esteem recently and you think it might be the right time to invest a little energy in this area, have a look at this list of 25 different self-esteem activities to raise your self-esteem.
See if there is anything on this list that YOU might want to add to your personal leadership development plan to improve your self-esteem.
Here are 25 Steps on how to improve your self-esteem over time:
- Spend time with your inner sage. Sit quietly and listen for the truth of who you are. Remember: the truth is not critical
- Shift from being other
- Learn how to handle criticism effectively. Do not allow criticism to come into your body like 1,000 little daggers any longer. Allow criticism to land beside you instead, and allow yourself to take what you’d like to learn from the pile while leaving the rest behind.
- Get outstanding at learning about and maintaining your personal boundaries.
- Develop a clear and compelling vision of your ideal future.
- Learn and practice setting limits for everything you do. It’s a lot easier to celebrate your success
–when you have self-defined it before hand.
- Make small incremental changes for the better and enjoy those small successes along the way.
- Put aside your inner-critic in times where it’s not resourceful. Inner-critics are useful sometimes
–and you can learn a little. If it’s a broken record, however, turn it off for a while and listen to something more nurturing.
- Be outstanding at keeping or re-negotiating your promises in advance. You’ll feel great for it.
- Stop over-promising your time and energy. Keep lots of both for yourself instead of allowing yourself to fall into an exhaustion cycle. You’ll do better work as a result.
- Invest in some time to learn about your gifts and talents. This step alone is a super way to raise your self-esteem
- In a diary, capture a summary of your life’s learning. You’ll be surprised at how much you have learned.
- Practice being congruent at every opportunity. Are your head, heart, and hands all in alignment? All the time?
- Set daily, monthly, and yearly goals for yourself. Then make progress on those goals.
- Learn to accept compliments more gracefully. Let the good stuff in.
- Choose to take a positive stance towards life. Focusing on what does work and is working feels better, and it’s a great stance from which to innovate.
- Care more about what you think than about what others think.
- Find ways to express yourself creatively and from the heart. Full self-expression is a doorway to high self-esteem and is a practice of a personal leader.
- Do things you enjoy and are passionate about. Do what you love, and love what you do.
- Leverage the Law of Attraction.Focus on what IS working and not on what is not. Focus on what you want rather than what you don’t want.
- Give yourself credit for your work towards your successes. Avoid quickly move on to the next thing without taking some time to celebrate consciously.
- Look for opportunities to help others in service. Find a cause that really, really matters to you.
- Learn more about your needs
,and then find ways to get them met.
- Learn the very best decision
- Think in the most resourceful way. Amazing changes can occur when you change how you look at life. Your thoughts ARE energy. They can be toxic or nurturing. Is now the time to convert your thinking to a more positive purpose?
Do you have some tips on how to raise self-esteem?
What have you done personally to improve the way you think about yourself and your capabilities?